Current edition: ICSub/NAM/C 2016
Previous editions: ICSub/NAM/C 2011, ICSub/NAM/C 2005 (Revision 2 2009), NAM/SC 1998
Click ‘Add to Basket’ to purchase a JCT On Demand digital version of this contract. If you would prefer a hardcopy version (i.e. a physical copy that is delivered to you), select ‘Hardcopy’ from the format box.
NOTE - the JCT On Demand version of the Intermediate Named Sub-Contract includes both the Tender & Agreement (ICSub/NAM) and Conditions (ICSub/NAM/C).
- The Intermediate Named Sub-Contract is designed for use when the main contract is either the Intermediate Building Contract, or the Intermediate Building Contract with contractor’s design, and the sub-contractor is ‘named’ in the main contract whether or not the sub-contract works include design.
- The Intermediate Named Sub-Contract Conditions should be used in conjunction with the Intermediate Named Sub-Contract Tender and Agreement (ICsub/NAM), which includes the Invitation to Tender (ICSub/NAM/IT), the Tender (ICSub/NAM/T) and the Agreement (ICSub/NAM/A).
- It can be used when either the main contract works or the sub-contract works are to be carried out in sections.
- It can be be used for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- Provisions are included for collaborative working, sustainability and off-site materials bond.
- The Intermediate Named Sub-Contract is not suitable for any sub-contract work that forms a part of the contractor's designed portion.
- Often an Intermediate Named Sub-Contract/Employer Agreement (ICSub/NAM/E) is used in conjunction with the sub-contract when the employer needs to have a direct relationship with the sub-contractor. This is particularly relevant in terms of the design responsibility of the sub-contractor, and if they are required to provide any collateral warranties to any purchasers/tenants or funder of the main contract works.
- Download contents page
- Download JCT Fluctuations Option C
About this type of contract
ISBN : 9780414054813