Current edition: PCSA 2016
Previous edition: PCSA 2011
Click ‘Add to Basket’ to purchase a JCT On Demand digital version of this contract. If you would prefer a hardcopy version (i.e. a physical copy that is delivered to you), select ‘Hardcopy’ from the format box.
JCT’s Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) is designed for appointing a contractor to carry out pre-construction services under a two-stage tender process.
The Pre-Construction Services Agreement enables the contractor to collaborate with the employer or their team of consultants to develop detailed designs, to develop the main contract works, or to compile specialist tender documents.
The contractor’s involvement at the pre-construction stage is valuable and often essential in the final design process of a project, as well as making preparations for the construction phase, such as the programme, cost plans, buildability and any specialist procurement.
The agreement covers the period from the submission of first stage tenders up to the submission of a definitive second stage tender and entry into a main contract for the construction phase.
- The agreement can be used when the main contract is one of the following:
- Standard Building Contract
- Design and Build Contract
- Major Project Construction Contract
- Intermediate Building Contract (with or without contractor’s design)
- It can be used whether or not the contractor is going to be responsible for any design work.
- It can be used if there is to be novation to the contractor of any specialist sub-contracts, supply contracts, or consultancy agreements.
- It is suitable for both private and public sector employers.
- With minor adaption, the agreement can also be used for the provision of pre-construction services by trade contractors under Construction Management documentation.
- It is not suitable for use between the employer (or main contractor) and specialist sub-contractors See the Pre-Construction Services Agreement (Specialist) (PCSA/SP).
- It is not suitable for use with the Management Building Contract.
- Download contents page
ISBN : 9780414058194