Current edition: PCSA/SP 2016
Previous edition: PCSA/SP 2011
Click ‘Add to Basket’ to purchase a JCT On Demand digital version of this contract. If you would prefer a hardcopy version (i.e. a physical copy that is delivered to you), select ‘Hardcopy’ from the format box.
JCT’s Pre-Construction Services Agreement (Specialist) is designed for the appointment of a specialist to carry out pre-construction services for either the employer or the main contractor.
Suitable for substantial and complex projects, the agreement enables a specialist to be involved and give advice prior to the construction phase. The purchaser, assisted by the contractor and relevant specialists, is able to derive the greatest benefit from value engineering exercises at this stage.
- The agreement can be used when the main JCT contract is one of the following:
- Standard Building Contract
- Design and Build Contract
- Major Project Construction Contract
- Management Building Contract
- Intermediate Building Contract (with or without contractor’s design)
- It can be used whether or not the specialist is going to be responsible for any design work.
- It is suitable where the agreement is between the specialist and the employer, but where the benefit of the specialist’s tender may be assigned to the main contractor.
- It is suitable for both private and public sector employers.
- It is not suitable for use between the employer and main contractor. See the Pre-Construction Services Agreement (General Contractor) (PCSA).
- It is not suitable for use between the employer and a professional consultant. See the Consultancy Agreement (Public Sector) (CA).
- Download contents page
ISBN : 9780414058170