Current edition: ShortSub 2016
Previous editions: ShortSub 2011, ShortSub 2005 (Revision 2 2009), Short/DSC 2003
Click ‘Add to Basket’ to purchase a JCT On Demand digital version of this contract. If you would prefer a hardcopy version (i.e. a physical copy that is delivered to you), select ‘Hardcopy’ from the format box.
Note: this contract can only be used with JCT 2016 Edition main contracts.
- The Short Form of Sub-Contract is for use where a JCT contract is the main contract, and for small-scale sub-contract works that are simple, straightforward and include low risk.
- It can be used when either the main contract works or the sub-contract works are to be carried out in sections.
- It can be be used for sub-contract works that are to be carried out on the basis of an adjusted sub-contract sum (adjustment for variations etc.) or by complete remeasurement.
- It is not suitable if the sub-contracted works are of a complex or specialist nature, or if the sub-contractor is required to carry out any design.
- Not suitable where provisions which are fully back to back with the main contract are required.
- It contains the Guidance Notes.
- Download contents page
- As a consequence of JCT’s adoption of a digital-first approach for JCT Online, numbering changes have been made in the Online version of this contract from Hard copy/CD. Find out more about the changes.
ISBN : 9780414054608